Wednesday 29 May 2013

Deviating a bit...

...well it all ultimately ties up to hair anyway. This post is just about documenting my quest for health.
I'm a curvy girl...have always been about a size 12(UK size)..and now I would say im a tight size 12.lol!

My kind of sedentary lifestyle didnt help to the few kilos I have picked up these last few months. When I think about it, I walk to my car, drive to work. Drive into parking. Sit at my desk all day. Walk here and there in the office. Then walk back to my car to go home.....not alot of exercise there..eeek!
I dont eat alot. I shy away from carbs...except for potatoes. OMG potatoes yall!!!  I LOVE them. So I try not to even buy them that often....but apart from that, I love my salads and tend to eat lean meats...except for when I go to Chisa Nyama!!!

I did start gyming last year. I joined the work gym and all was going well till I hit a slump after a surgery I had last year.....that was in July. There really is no excuse here. So this year, I trotted back to the gym and it felt like I was a beginner all over again. Huffing and puffing at the treadmill. Sweating like a pig on the exercise bike..but as they say it gets better.

I'm not getting any younger, but I want to make the most of the life I have...Eat healthy, Live healthy, Think healthy....I drink waaay more water now. I keep a big 750ml glass bottle of water at my desk at work. I make sure I drink 2 of these by the time I go home. Everyone who knows me, knows I hate the taste of water...eewww! But it has helped me kick my JUICE ADDICTION. "Hi, I'm Linda Jean, I'm a recovering Juice-aholic". I limit myself to one glass of juice per day with my supper.

So this year, I am focusing on health for my body. Feeling good from the inside out. and you know what a good side effect of good health is?..Good and healthy hair! now I aint mad at that!

No comments:

Post a Comment